Facing life in prison without parole is a scary thought, just ask rapper Cassidy. After being charged with involuntary manslaughter the Philly MC served eight months of an original 23-month bid. Although he has been out from behind bars for more than a year, Cassidy wants to clear his name once and for all. As a musician, what better way than through your music? As the official follow-up single to the celebratory Drink N My 2 Step, Cassidy unleashes Innocent Man featuring singer, Mark Morrison. The song truthfully describes the entire ordeal from the night of the incident to the trial and even his prison time. While Cassidy credits the incident as a time to step back and reflect on his life, radio might have a hard time fully grasping a hold. B.A.R.S., Cassidy’s third studio release, is available now.
Written by DJ Z on 11/13/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.