Facing life in prison without parole is a scary thought, just ask rapper Cassidy. After being charged with involuntary manslaughter the Philly MC served eight months of an original 23-month bid. Although he has been out from behind bars for more than a year, Cassidy wants to clear his name once and for all. As a musician, what better way than through your music? As the official follow-up single to the celebratory Drink N My 2 Step, Cassidy unleashes Innocent Man featuring singer, Mark Morrison. The song truthfully describes the entire ordeal from the night of the incident to the trial and even his prison time. While Cassidy credits the incident as a time to step back and reflect on his life, radio might have a hard time fully grasping a hold. B.A.R.S., Cassidy’s third studio release, is available now.
Written by DJ Z on 11/13/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.