Facing life in prison without parole is a scary thought, just ask rapper Cassidy. After being charged with involuntary manslaughter the Philly MC served eight months of an original 23-month bid. Although he has been out from behind bars for more than a year, Cassidy wants to clear his name once and for all. As a musician, what better way than through your music? As the official follow-up single to the celebratory Drink N My 2 Step, Cassidy unleashes Innocent Man featuring singer, Mark Morrison. The song truthfully describes the entire ordeal from the night of the incident to the trial and even his prison time. While Cassidy credits the incident as a time to step back and reflect on his life, radio might have a hard time fully grasping a hold. B.A.R.S., Cassidy’s third studio release, is available now.
Written by DJ Z on 11/13/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.