Cassidy may be all about gettin’ his paper up (as he reminded us on the lead single off his forthcoming LP), but increasing the size of his bankroll isn’t the sole motivation behind his hustle – equally important to the Philly mainstay is making sure those around him let loose and have a good time. On single numero dos, Drumma Bass, Cass focuses on the latter ambition, urging listeners to step out onto the floor and let go of their inhibitions. Over the top-notch percussion/sample boardwork of Top Notch (not, as some have incorrectly reported, Swizz Beatz), the artist spits bars dominated by stunting, but laced with breezy nostalgia: “I wish that I could rewind time and be young again, take it back to when cats was dancin’ and havin’ fun again, and get it jumpin’ like House Party 1 again…” Those digging this club-ready cut can hear more from the rapper born Barry Adrian Reese on C.A.S.H. (Cass A Straight Hustla), tentatively set to drop August 10, via Cassidy’s own Larsiny Family label in conjunction with E1 Music.
Written by richard on 08/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.