Cassidy may be all about gettin’ his paper up (as he reminded us on the lead single off his forthcoming LP), but increasing the size of his bankroll isn’t the sole motivation behind his hustle – equally important to the Philly mainstay is making sure those around him let loose and have a good time. On single numero dos, Drumma Bass, Cass focuses on the latter ambition, urging listeners to step out onto the floor and let go of their inhibitions. Over the top-notch percussion/sample boardwork of Top Notch (not, as some have incorrectly reported, Swizz Beatz), the artist spits bars dominated by stunting, but laced with breezy nostalgia: “I wish that I could rewind time and be young again, take it back to when cats was dancin’ and havin’ fun again, and get it jumpin’ like House Party 1 again…” Those digging this club-ready cut can hear more from the rapper born Barry Adrian Reese on C.A.S.H. (Cass A Straight Hustla), tentatively set to drop August 10, via Cassidy’s own Larsiny Family label in conjunction with E1 Music.
Listen to More: Cassidy Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.