Cassidy may be all about gettin’ his paper up (as he reminded us on the lead single off his forthcoming LP), but increasing the size of his bankroll isn’t the sole motivation behind his hustle – equally important to the Philly mainstay is making sure those around him let loose and have a good time. On single numero dos, Drumma Bass, Cass focuses on the latter ambition, urging listeners to step out onto the floor and let go of their inhibitions. Over the top-notch percussion/sample boardwork of Top Notch (not, as some have incorrectly reported, Swizz Beatz), the artist spits bars dominated by stunting, but laced with breezy nostalgia: “I wish that I could rewind time and be young again, take it back to when cats was dancin’ and havin’ fun again, and get it jumpin’ like House Party 1 again…” Those digging this club-ready cut can hear more from the rapper born Barry Adrian Reese on C.A.S.H. (Cass A Straight Hustla), tentatively set to drop August 10, via Cassidy’s own Larsiny Family label in conjunction with E1 Music.
Written by richard on 08/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.