Cassidy may be all about gettin’ his paper up (as he reminded us on the lead single off his forthcoming LP), but increasing the size of his bankroll isn’t the sole motivation behind his hustle – equally important to the Philly mainstay is making sure those around him let loose and have a good time. On single numero dos, Drumma Bass, Cass focuses on the latter ambition, urging listeners to step out onto the floor and let go of their inhibitions. Over the top-notch percussion/sample boardwork of Top Notch (not, as some have incorrectly reported, Swizz Beatz), the artist spits bars dominated by stunting, but laced with breezy nostalgia: “I wish that I could rewind time and be young again, take it back to when cats was dancin’ and havin’ fun again, and get it jumpin’ like House Party 1 again…” Those digging this club-ready cut can hear more from the rapper born Barry Adrian Reese on C.A.S.H. (Cass A Straight Hustla), tentatively set to drop August 10, via Cassidy’s own Larsiny Family label in conjunction with E1 Music.
Listen to More: Cassidy
Written by richard on 08/11/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)