Whenever we come across an unreleased song, or a record that has merely flown under the public’s radar, we have no choice but to shine the proper light upon it. Take Cassette Coast, an artist who first said “Hello” to The DJBooth last November, and his re-released single Gone On. Up until now the record was relatively hidden on Coast’s last mixtape, but thanks to a charismatic, unique, almost-sung-rapped flow, which powerfully glides atop the smooth, string production work of Danny Kartel, Gone On is now longer missing in plain sight. A full pardon is in order, however, as a leaning, guest verse from Stunta has been added; the cherry on this musical sundae. Gone On is slated to appear on Coast’s forthcoming, yet unscheduled new project, Thinking Out Loud 3.
Written by DJ Z on 08/23/13
Street Science/Epsom Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Can't Complain" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)