Whenever we come across an unreleased song, or a record that has merely flown under the public’s radar, we have no choice but to shine the proper light upon it. Take Cassette Coast, an artist who first said “Hello” to The DJBooth last November, and his re-released single Gone On. Up until now the record was relatively hidden on Coast’s last mixtape, but thanks to a charismatic, unique, almost-sung-rapped flow, which powerfully glides atop the smooth, string production work of Danny Kartel, Gone On is now longer missing in plain sight. A full pardon is in order, however, as a leaning, guest verse from Stunta has been added; the cherry on this musical sundae. Gone On is slated to appear on Coast’s forthcoming, yet unscheduled new project, Thinking Out Loud 3.
Written by DJ Z on 08/23/13
Submit your Rating
Street Science/Epsom Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Can't Complain" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.