Whenever we come across an unreleased song, or a record that has merely flown under the public’s radar, we have no choice but to shine the proper light upon it. Take Cassette Coast, an artist who first said “Hello” to The DJBooth last November, and his re-released single Gone On. Up until now the record was relatively hidden on Coast’s last mixtape, but thanks to a charismatic, unique, almost-sung-rapped flow, which powerfully glides atop the smooth, string production work of Danny Kartel, Gone On is now longer missing in plain sight. A full pardon is in order, however, as a leaning, guest verse from Stunta has been added; the cherry on this musical sundae. Gone On is slated to appear on Coast’s forthcoming, yet unscheduled new project, Thinking Out Loud 3.
Written by DJ Z on 08/23/13
Submit your Rating
Street Science/Epsom Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Can't Complain" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.