Whenever we come across an unreleased song, or a record that has merely flown under the public’s radar, we have no choice but to shine the proper light upon it. Take Cassette Coast, an artist who first said “Hello” to The DJBooth last November, and his re-released single Gone On. Up until now the record was relatively hidden on Coast’s last mixtape, but thanks to a charismatic, unique, almost-sung-rapped flow, which powerfully glides atop the smooth, string production work of Danny Kartel, Gone On is now longer missing in plain sight. A full pardon is in order, however, as a leaning, guest verse from Stunta has been added; the cherry on this musical sundae. Gone On is slated to appear on Coast’s forthcoming, yet unscheduled new project, Thinking Out Loud 3.
Written by DJ Z on 08/23/13
Submit your Rating
Street Science/Epsom Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Can't Complain" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.