Got two minutes and 52 seconds to spare? Good—because that’s exactly How Long Booth newcomer Caspa Narkz needs to turn you into a fan. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this newly-released promo single sees the artist delineating the scope of his ambitions, and demonstrating his hella fide mic skills, over the production of an established Booth fave. Southern phenom Big K.R.I.T. mans the mixing boards on this ambitious banger, flipping a guitar-drenched arena rock cut (anyone I.D. the sample for me?) into a fittingly dramatic backdrop for the Brooklyn rhymesayer’s snapshots from the hustle. While Caspa keeps his mind on his money throughout his verses, he’s not about to take the easy route to financial success. On the contrary, he’s following the lead of the genre’s greats: “Rappin like I’m Jigga, ambitions like I’m Pac / Producin’ like I’m Timbaland, understand?” His pedigree is unimpeachable, but does Caspa have the skills to do his forebears in the game proud? I think I know the answer but, of course, Booth readers get the final say. Though this cut isn’t attached to the project, those digging it can find more bangers on Caspa Narkz’ Everything or Nothing tape, released to the ‘net at the top of the month.
Written by richard on 05/23/12
Submit your Rating
Black House Records LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In My City" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.