Got two minutes and 52 seconds to spare? Good—because that’s exactly How Long Booth newcomer Caspa Narkz needs to turn you into a fan. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this newly-released promo single sees the artist delineating the scope of his ambitions, and demonstrating his hella fide mic skills, over the production of an established Booth fave. Southern phenom Big K.R.I.T. mans the mixing boards on this ambitious banger, flipping a guitar-drenched arena rock cut (anyone I.D. the sample for me?) into a fittingly dramatic backdrop for the Brooklyn rhymesayer’s snapshots from the hustle. While Caspa keeps his mind on his money throughout his verses, he’s not about to take the easy route to financial success. On the contrary, he’s following the lead of the genre’s greats: “Rappin like I’m Jigga, ambitions like I’m Pac / Producin’ like I’m Timbaland, understand?” His pedigree is unimpeachable, but does Caspa have the skills to do his forebears in the game proud? I think I know the answer but, of course, Booth readers get the final say. Though this cut isn’t attached to the project, those digging it can find more bangers on Caspa Narkz’ Everything or Nothing tape, released to the ‘net at the top of the month.
Written by richard on 05/23/12
Black House Records LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In My City" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)