Got two minutes and 52 seconds to spare? Good—because that’s exactly How Long Booth newcomer Caspa Narkz needs to turn you into a fan. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this newly-released promo single sees the artist delineating the scope of his ambitions, and demonstrating his hella fide mic skills, over the production of an established Booth fave. Southern phenom Big K.R.I.T. mans the mixing boards on this ambitious banger, flipping a guitar-drenched arena rock cut (anyone I.D. the sample for me?) into a fittingly dramatic backdrop for the Brooklyn rhymesayer’s snapshots from the hustle. While Caspa keeps his mind on his money throughout his verses, he’s not about to take the easy route to financial success. On the contrary, he’s following the lead of the genre’s greats: “Rappin like I’m Jigga, ambitions like I’m Pac / Producin’ like I’m Timbaland, understand?” His pedigree is unimpeachable, but does Caspa have the skills to do his forebears in the game proud? I think I know the answer but, of course, Booth readers get the final say. Though this cut isn’t attached to the project, those digging it can find more bangers on Caspa Narkz’ Everything or Nothing tape, released to the ‘net at the top of the month.
Written by richard on 05/23/12
Black House Records LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In My City" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.