Don’t worry; Caskey‘s latest single doesn’t feature the Orlando rhymesayer rapping at excruciating length about his favorite sex acts, or describing his bowel movements in minute detail. (If that’s what you’re looking for, may I recommend the latest LP from his label boss, Lil Wayne?) Instead, Too Much Information is a cerebral, somewhat conspiratorial examination of life in the digital age. The verses the emcee delivers over The Avengerz’ eerie electronic production are a little hard to track, jumping from commentary on the dwindling middle class to far-fetched ruminations on the Mayan pyramids, but perhaps the data overload is the point. Legit Looks directs the official visuals, casting Caskey as a high-tech wanderer straight out of cyberpunk fiction. Feeling it? More bangers await on new mixtape The Transient Classics, available for free download right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 08/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.