Don’t worry; Caskey‘s latest single doesn’t feature the Orlando rhymesayer rapping at excruciating length about his favorite sex acts, or describing his bowel movements in minute detail. (If that’s what you’re looking for, may I recommend the latest LP from his label boss, Lil Wayne?) Instead, Too Much Information is a cerebral, somewhat conspiratorial examination of life in the digital age. The verses the emcee delivers over The Avengerz’ eerie electronic production are a little hard to track, jumping from commentary on the dwindling middle class to far-fetched ruminations on the Mayan pyramids, but perhaps the data overload is the point. Legit Looks directs the official visuals, casting Caskey as a high-tech wanderer straight out of cyberpunk fiction. Feeling it? More bangers await on new mixtape The Transient Classics, available for free download right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 08/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.