Signing a deal with YMCMB would be a big break for anyone; when you manage to ink that contract before turning 20, like Booth newcomer Caskey, “good fortune” hardly begins to describe it. But don’t get it twisted—the road that led up to the Orlando repper’s current position of power was long, difficult and rife with struggle. On The Truth, a mixtape inclusion that predates his label deal, the artist spits about the emotional pain of growing up without a father, and the stress of pursuing his artistic ambitions while financially supporting his family. A sampled Rashid Hadee beat originally featured on Little Brother‘s Dreams backs his autobiographical verses, before dropping away for an extended a cappella outro. Official visuals come courtesy of Legit Looks. Fans can find this poignant jam on Caskey’s Homegrown Vol. 1 street album, digitally released back in spring of 2011.
Written by richard on 01/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Mad" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)