Last we heard from YMCMB signee Caskey, he was rhyming about the struggles that led up to his big break on January mixtape inclusion The Truth. Having put his past into perspective, the Orlando representative shifts focus to his bright present on Show Me Some, a new single off his next street album. Myles Williams’ simmering synths and driving percussion set the mood as Caskey reflects on the many changes his success has wrought in his life, both positive (big money, beautiful women, etc.) and negative (envious haters, fake friends with their hands out). Video director Verbal Keant illustrates the artist’s rising status on the international scene by depicting him kicking it in Paris, France. For Show Me Some and much more, check out The Transient Classics when it drops digitally next Wednesday, August 28.
Written by richard on 08/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.