Last we heard from YMCMB signee Caskey, he was rhyming about the struggles that led up to his big break on January mixtape inclusion The Truth. Having put his past into perspective, the Orlando representative shifts focus to his bright present on Show Me Some, a new single off his next street album. Myles Williams’ simmering synths and driving percussion set the mood as Caskey reflects on the many changes his success has wrought in his life, both positive (big money, beautiful women, etc.) and negative (envious haters, fake friends with their hands out). Video director Verbal Keant illustrates the artist’s rising status on the international scene by depicting him kicking it in Paris, France. For Show Me Some and much more, check out The Transient Classics when it drops digitally next Wednesday, August 28.
Written by richard on 08/21/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.