In contemporary America, kids are the targets of advertising practically from the moment they come out the womb. How does that onslaught of pro-consumer imagery affect the developing brain? Well, if I were a little more paranoid, the word “brainwashing” might spring to mind. YMCMB rhymesayer Caskey reaches a similar conclusion on Bad4Ya, a new single off his latest street album. A moody Avengerz beat backs the Orlando repper as he critically reflects on his own materialistic impulses: “Honestly, they’re rewriting my whole mainframe / It’s like I gotta purchase just so I can maintain.” Legit Looks directs the official visuals, shot at the famously ad-plastered Times Square. For Bad4Ya, previous single Show Me Some and much more, check out Caskey’s The Transient Classics LP, available in The DJBooth for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.