In contemporary America, kids are the targets of advertising practically from the moment they come out the womb. How does that onslaught of pro-consumer imagery affect the developing brain? Well, if I were a little more paranoid, the word “brainwashing” might spring to mind. YMCMB rhymesayer Caskey reaches a similar conclusion on Bad4Ya, a new single off his latest street album. A moody Avengerz beat backs the Orlando repper as he critically reflects on his own materialistic impulses: “Honestly, they’re rewriting my whole mainframe / It’s like I gotta purchase just so I can maintain.” Legit Looks directs the official visuals, shot at the famously ad-plastered Times Square. For Bad4Ya, previous single Show Me Some and much more, check out Caskey’s The Transient Classics LP, available in The DJBooth for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/17/13
Orlando emcee Caskey has unleashed his latest street album, The Transient Classics. His second major mixtape, the project follows 2012's No Complaints. Heralded by (non-Booth featured) lead single "Condolences," the set...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)