In contemporary America, kids are the targets of advertising practically from the moment they come out the womb. How does that onslaught of pro-consumer imagery affect the developing brain? Well, if I were a little more paranoid, the word “brainwashing” might spring to mind. YMCMB rhymesayer Caskey reaches a similar conclusion on Bad4Ya, a new single off his latest street album. A moody Avengerz beat backs the Orlando repper as he critically reflects on his own materialistic impulses: “Honestly, they’re rewriting my whole mainframe / It’s like I gotta purchase just so I can maintain.” Legit Looks directs the official visuals, shot at the famously ad-plastered Times Square. For Bad4Ya, previous single Show Me Some and much more, check out Caskey’s The Transient Classics LP, available in The DJBooth for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/17/13
Orlando emcee Caskey has unleashed his latest street album, The Transient Classics. His second major mixtape, the project follows 2012's No Complaints. Heralded by (non-Booth featured) lead single "Condolences," the set...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.