In contemporary America, kids are the targets of advertising practically from the moment they come out the womb. How does that onslaught of pro-consumer imagery affect the developing brain? Well, if I were a little more paranoid, the word “brainwashing” might spring to mind. YMCMB rhymesayer Caskey reaches a similar conclusion on Bad4Ya, a new single off his latest street album. A moody Avengerz beat backs the Orlando repper as he critically reflects on his own materialistic impulses: “Honestly, they’re rewriting my whole mainframe / It’s like I gotta purchase just so I can maintain.” Legit Looks directs the official visuals, shot at the famously ad-plastered Times Square. For Bad4Ya, previous single Show Me Some and much more, check out Caskey’s The Transient Classics LP, available in The DJBooth for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Truth" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)