The Northern section of Hartford, Connecticut, might not be the grittiest-sounding place to grow up, but emcee Cashus C.R.E.A.M. begs you not to make any assumptions. On Oops Ya Head, Cashus explains how a “ma’f*cka” could get laid out for jumping to conclusions. The 25-year-old rhyme slanger aggressively attacks Ron Browz‘s mad rapper anthem, proving that his GameTime mixtape is solid prep work for near-stadium status. With a co-sign from DJ Green Lantern, the man nicknamed “Mr. Fix-It” may break a few jaws with this track, but his ultimate aim is to repair New York’s sagging street music.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/5/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.