The Northern section of Hartford, Connecticut, might not be the grittiest-sounding place to grow up, but emcee Cashus C.R.E.A.M. begs you not to make any assumptions. On Oops Ya Head, Cashus explains how a “ma’f*cka” could get laid out for jumping to conclusions. The 25-year-old rhyme slanger aggressively attacks Ron Browz‘s mad rapper anthem, proving that his GameTime mixtape is solid prep work for near-stadium status. With a co-sign from DJ Green Lantern, the man nicknamed “Mr. Fix-It” may break a few jaws with this track, but his ultimate aim is to repair New York’s sagging street music.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/5/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.