While it might be a whimsical childhood dream, part of me will always fantasize about playing for the NFL’s Washington Redskins, my favorite team. As dope as it would undoubtedly be to catch passes from RGIII, though, I think I would rather play for The Team that has Casey Veggies on its roster. On his latest feature, the West Coast emcee and his squad are skipping sprints and drills, opting to practice their rollin’ and pouring skills instead. Keeping in line with the fun-loving, quirky vibe of the accompanying visuals, The Futuristiks cook up a chiming beat that might be bubbly and poppy, but will still knock you on your butt. For his part, Veggies hits the beat out of the park, dishing out some boastful, party-ready bars in a slurred, blunted flow. The Team can be found on Veggies’ Life Changes album, available for free download right here in the Booth.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.