While it might be a whimsical childhood dream, part of me will always fantasize about playing for the NFL’s Washington Redskins, my favorite team. As dope as it would undoubtedly be to catch passes from RGIII, though, I think I would rather play for The Team that has Casey Veggies on its roster. On his latest feature, the West Coast emcee and his squad are skipping sprints and drills, opting to practice their rollin’ and pouring skills instead. Keeping in line with the fun-loving, quirky vibe of the accompanying visuals, The Futuristiks cook up a chiming beat that might be bubbly and poppy, but will still knock you on your butt. For his part, Veggies hits the beat out of the park, dishing out some boastful, party-ready bars in a slurred, blunted flow. The Team can be found on Veggies’ Life Changes album, available for free download right here in the Booth.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.