Back in my elementary school days, one of the first class assignments every fall would be an essay titled something like “How I Spent My Summer.” Since the answer was never much more complicated than “I played Super Nintendo and rode bikes with my friends,” those experiences taught me a valuable lesson in the importance of filler text. Like this sentence, which is just here to take up space. Anyway, Los Angeles buzzmaker Casey Veggies offers a more adult take on the concept with Summer, I Suppose, a warm-weather jam which finds him chronicling the activities his last three months—hustling, riding slow, smoking weed, making movies with beautiful shawtys—over appropriately mellow, sample-laced production by Rich Kidd. While this cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those feeling it can hear more from Casey Veggies on his recent collaborations with Sir Michael Rocks (“Great”) and Ro Ransom (“Leap of Faith”).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. A$AP Ferg - Lac Lac
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Lupe Fiasco x Ab-Soul - Thorns & Horns
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.