Back in my elementary school days, one of the first class assignments every fall would be an essay titled something like “How I Spent My Summer.” Since the answer was never much more complicated than “I played Super Nintendo and rode bikes with my friends,” those experiences taught me a valuable lesson in the importance of filler text. Like this sentence, which is just here to take up space. Anyway, Los Angeles buzzmaker Casey Veggies offers a more adult take on the concept with Summer, I Suppose, a warm-weather jam which finds him chronicling the activities his last three months—hustling, riding slow, smoking weed, making movies with beautiful shawtys—over appropriately mellow, sample-laced production by Rich Kidd. While this cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those feeling it can hear more from Casey Veggies on his recent collaborations with Sir Michael Rocks (“Great”) and Ro Ransom (“Leap of Faith”).
Written by richard on 08/31/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.