Back in my elementary school days, one of the first class assignments every fall would be an essay titled something like “How I Spent My Summer.” Since the answer was never much more complicated than “I played Super Nintendo and rode bikes with my friends,” those experiences taught me a valuable lesson in the importance of filler text. Like this sentence, which is just here to take up space. Anyway, Los Angeles buzzmaker Casey Veggies offers a more adult take on the concept with Summer, I Suppose, a warm-weather jam which finds him chronicling the activities his last three months—hustling, riding slow, smoking weed, making movies with beautiful shawtys—over appropriately mellow, sample-laced production by Rich Kidd. While this cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those feeling it can hear more from Casey Veggies on his recent collaborations with Sir Michael Rocks (“Great”) and Ro Ransom (“Leap of Faith”).
Written by richard on 08/31/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.