Back in my elementary school days, one of the first class assignments every fall would be an essay titled something like “How I Spent My Summer.” Since the answer was never much more complicated than “I played Super Nintendo and rode bikes with my friends,” those experiences taught me a valuable lesson in the importance of filler text. Like this sentence, which is just here to take up space. Anyway, Los Angeles buzzmaker Casey Veggies offers a more adult take on the concept with Summer, I Suppose, a warm-weather jam which finds him chronicling the activities his last three months—hustling, riding slow, smoking weed, making movies with beautiful shawtys—over appropriately mellow, sample-laced production by Rich Kidd. While this cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those feeling it can hear more from Casey Veggies on his recent collaborations with Sir Michael Rocks (“Great”) and Ro Ransom (“Leap of Faith”).
Written by richard on 08/31/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)