A song titled “Aladdin” had better deliver, or you’ll have some frustrated Disney diehards on your hands. (I know I had lofty expectations.) Lucky for us, this latest joint effort from Casey Veggies and Rockie Fresh most definitely delivers. I couldn’t wish up a song this dope if I had 10 wishes and a genie voiced by Robin Williams. Veggies and Rockie make a better team than Aladdin and Princess Jasmine; their similarly blunted, yet surefooted styles make the record a consistently dope listen all the way though. Producer Uncle Dave‘s swaying, edgy beat is the magic carpet that makes the emcees soar. For more dope, nutritious hip-hop, check out the duo’s collaborative project, Fresh Veggies, out today.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/16/13
PUMA presents the aptly-titled new mixtape, Fresh Veggies, from fast risers Casey Veggies from Cali and Rockie Fresh from Chicago. Featuring ten exclusive cuts, this is some next generation hip-hop at its finest. Carried...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)