A song titled “Aladdin” had better deliver, or you’ll have some frustrated Disney diehards on your hands. (I know I had lofty expectations.) Lucky for us, this latest joint effort from Casey Veggies and Rockie Fresh most definitely delivers. I couldn’t wish up a song this dope if I had 10 wishes and a genie voiced by Robin Williams. Veggies and Rockie make a better team than Aladdin and Princess Jasmine; their similarly blunted, yet surefooted styles make the record a consistently dope listen all the way though. Producer Uncle Dave‘s swaying, edgy beat is the magic carpet that makes the emcees soar. For more dope, nutritious hip-hop, check out the duo’s collaborative project, Fresh Veggies, out today.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.