A song titled “Aladdin” had better deliver, or you’ll have some frustrated Disney diehards on your hands. (I know I had lofty expectations.) Lucky for us, this latest joint effort from Casey Veggies and Rockie Fresh most definitely delivers. I couldn’t wish up a song this dope if I had 10 wishes and a genie voiced by Robin Williams. Veggies and Rockie make a better team than Aladdin and Princess Jasmine; their similarly blunted, yet surefooted styles make the record a consistently dope listen all the way though. Producer Uncle Dave‘s swaying, edgy beat is the magic carpet that makes the emcees soar. For more dope, nutritious hip-hop, check out the duo’s collaborative project, Fresh Veggies, out today.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.