A song titled “Aladdin” had better deliver, or you’ll have some frustrated Disney diehards on your hands. (I know I had lofty expectations.) Lucky for us, this latest joint effort from Casey Veggies and Rockie Fresh most definitely delivers. I couldn’t wish up a song this dope if I had 10 wishes and a genie voiced by Robin Williams. Veggies and Rockie make a better team than Aladdin and Princess Jasmine; their similarly blunted, yet surefooted styles make the record a consistently dope listen all the way though. Producer Uncle Dave‘s swaying, edgy beat is the magic carpet that makes the emcees soar. For more dope, nutritious hip-hop, check out the duo’s collaborative project, Fresh Veggies, out today.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.