While growing up, like many of you, I used to hate having to eat my vegetables. Heck, I still hate them. I can get down with green beans, but there is just no way you are going to get me to eat carrots or brussel sprouts. Despite my aversion for vegetables, however, I have never had a problem devouring cuts from Casey Veggies. Following a semi-hiatus the Cali native is back and is serving up another helping of nutritional goodness on his new single, Life$tyle. Over the chill, airy production of Cardiak, Veggies combines a laid-back flow with a unique cadence as he provides insights into the daily life of a gifted emcee. The record is set for inclusion on Casey’s forthcoming untitled project, which is scheduled to drop in early 2013. If you veggie-tarians are still hungry, though, check out Summer, I Suppose, which was featured in late August on The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.