Money—Casey Veggies certainly isn’t hurting for it, be he’s gonna need a whole lot more of it before he’s satisfied, so he’s still hustling just as hard as he was when he was broke. While the premise of newly-released mixtape cut Get That $ is as straightforward as it gets, the simple concept doesn’t stop the Los Angeles representative from turning in some characteristically dope, engaging bars. Over the eerie synths, chopped-and-screwed samples and stop-start percussion of ATL artist/beatsmith Polyester (whose Real Deal P recently hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download), Veggies frames his journey to financial maturity as a flossed-out coming of age story: “When I was younger I was easily influenced / When I got a little older, realized I was stupid…” Now that the rhymesayer’s doing a little saving to go with his big spending, a bright and affluent future seems almost assured. Want to accompany the West Coast buzzmaker as he climbs to the highest reaches of fame and fortune? You can start by picking up Casey Veggies’ latest street album, Cuztomized Greatly 3, when it arrives on the ‘net next Tuesday, April 9.
Written by richard on 04/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.