Like your keys, true love is always in the last place you look. Whereas the former can typically be tracked down with a thorough enough combing of your apartment (Have you checked the bathroom? I swear to god, nine times out of ten they’re in the damn bathroom.), there’s no trick to finding the latter: you’ve just gotta Keep trying, and failing, till that right person comes along. As proof that heartbreak happens to the best of us, I present Casely‘s latest video, which finds the unsigned singer/producer reeling in the wake of a breakup with a girl he thought just might be the one. Over his own deceptively upbeat boardwork, sampled from Skrillex and Ellie Goulding‘s Summit, the artist wonders how he could have been taken in by her empty promises: “You said you would be different / No way.” While Casely may be down for the count on the romantic tip, I have a feeling the listener response to this cut will be a powerful pick-me-up—but, as always, Booth readers get the final say. This Preplex Productions-directed video single isn’t attached to any forthcoming project but, as always, those who like what they’re hearing can stay tuned for further details.
Written by richard on 07/11/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.