Imagine what would happen if someone literally burst into flames on the dancefloor—with all the fire-themed jams currently enjoying heavy club/radio rotation, it’s only a matter of time before some 911 dispatcher writes a legitimate emergency off as just another Sean Kingston-referencing prank call. Okay, maybe that’s a little far-fetched but, still, it’s a good thing that polyester’s no longer en vogue. In any case, the trend doesn’t seem to be dying down; Casely‘s newest single, Burn It Up, finds the R&B up-and-comer and club-hopper David Rush jumping on the (hopefully flame-retardant) bandwagon. Featuring a synth-scorching beat co-produced by Casely and Hugo Diaz, a catchy, punny hook (“I’m the match for ya,” get it?) and a propulsively-flowed closing verse from the rapper who brought us Where You Wanna Go, BIU is guaranteed to get bodies out onto the floor. If this dangerously danceable cut’s got you fired up, keep it locked to our frontpage for the latest release details on Casely’s forthcoming 1985 LP.
Written by richard on 08/26/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.