Imagine what would happen if someone literally burst into flames on the dancefloor—with all the fire-themed jams currently enjoying heavy club/radio rotation, it’s only a matter of time before some 911 dispatcher writes a legitimate emergency off as just another Sean Kingston-referencing prank call. Okay, maybe that’s a little far-fetched but, still, it’s a good thing that polyester’s no longer en vogue. In any case, the trend doesn’t seem to be dying down; Casely‘s newest single, Burn It Up, finds the R&B up-and-comer and club-hopper David Rush jumping on the (hopefully flame-retardant) bandwagon. Featuring a synth-scorching beat co-produced by Casely and Hugo Diaz, a catchy, punny hook (“I’m the match for ya,” get it?) and a propulsively-flowed closing verse from the rapper who brought us Where You Wanna Go, BIU is guaranteed to get bodies out onto the floor. If this dangerously danceable cut’s got you fired up, keep it locked to our frontpage for the latest release details on Casely’s forthcoming 1985 LP.
Written by richard on 08/26/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)