Imagine what would happen if someone literally burst into flames on the dancefloor—with all the fire-themed jams currently enjoying heavy club/radio rotation, it’s only a matter of time before some 911 dispatcher writes a legitimate emergency off as just another Sean Kingston-referencing prank call. Okay, maybe that’s a little far-fetched but, still, it’s a good thing that polyester’s no longer en vogue. In any case, the trend doesn’t seem to be dying down; Casely‘s newest single, Burn It Up, finds the R&B up-and-comer and club-hopper David Rush jumping on the (hopefully flame-retardant) bandwagon. Featuring a synth-scorching beat co-produced by Casely and Hugo Diaz, a catchy, punny hook (“I’m the match for ya,” get it?) and a propulsively-flowed closing verse from the rapper who brought us Where You Wanna Go, BIU is guaranteed to get bodies out onto the floor. If this dangerously danceable cut’s got you fired up, keep it locked to our frontpage for the latest release details on Casely’s forthcoming 1985 LP.
Written by richard on 08/26/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.