Imagine what would happen if someone literally burst into flames on the dancefloor—with all the fire-themed jams currently enjoying heavy club/radio rotation, it’s only a matter of time before some 911 dispatcher writes a legitimate emergency off as just another Sean Kingston-referencing prank call. Okay, maybe that’s a little far-fetched but, still, it’s a good thing that polyester’s no longer en vogue. In any case, the trend doesn’t seem to be dying down; Casely‘s newest single, Burn It Up, finds the R&B up-and-comer and club-hopper David Rush jumping on the (hopefully flame-retardant) bandwagon. Featuring a synth-scorching beat co-produced by Casely and Hugo Diaz, a catchy, punny hook (“I’m the match for ya,” get it?) and a propulsively-flowed closing verse from the rapper who brought us Where You Wanna Go, BIU is guaranteed to get bodies out onto the floor. If this dangerously danceable cut’s got you fired up, keep it locked to our frontpage for the latest release details on Casely’s forthcoming 1985 LP.
Written by richard on 08/26/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)