In 2007, a number of late 90’s/early 00’s R&B stars came back to prominence (see Joe, Musiq, and Tank), and 2008 looks to continue this trend with “I’ve still got it” releases from TQ, Brandy and Monica. Also jumping on the career-resurrection bandwagon is singer Case, whose official reentry into the game will occur on October 28 as Mr. Touch Me, Tease Me drops his fourth studio album, The Rose Experience. If his new single, Lovely is any indication of what is to come, the mainstream audience is in for a treat. Similar to the sound of his last project, Open Letter, Case exhibits his smooth vocals, this time over a soft beat from longtime producer Chris “CL” Liggio. With the nostalgia factor in play, Case should find plenty of success on the Urban AC charts.
Written by Burmy on 08/26/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.