You know that part in Say Anything when John Cusack holds up the boombox and blasts that awful ‘80s song? Instead of that mushy crap, he really should have played the latest feature from Case Jones. Not only does the title match, but this powerful record command anyone’s attention if played at maximum volume. You would be hard-pressed to find a grouping of emcees with more commanding, dominating flows than Poe Mack and REKS, so when they hop on a track together, you had better wear a helmet and a cup just to be safe. The three deliver blow after knockout blow atop equally boisterous, boom-bap-on-steroids boardwork of D.R.U.G.S.. Say Anything is the title track off Case Jones’ forthcoming album, due out next month. While you wait, you can check out Poe Mack’s last feature, Mistaken Fortune, and REKS’ recently released album, Revolution Cocktail, right here in the Booth.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.