You know that part in Say Anything when John Cusack holds up the boombox and blasts that awful ‘80s song? Instead of that mushy crap, he really should have played the latest feature from Case Jones. Not only does the title match, but this powerful record command anyone’s attention if played at maximum volume. You would be hard-pressed to find a grouping of emcees with more commanding, dominating flows than Poe Mack and REKS, so when they hop on a track together, you had better wear a helmet and a cup just to be safe. The three deliver blow after knockout blow atop equally boisterous, boom-bap-on-steroids boardwork of D.R.U.G.S.. Say Anything is the title track off Case Jones’ forthcoming album, due out next month. While you wait, you can check out Poe Mack’s last feature, Mistaken Fortune, and REKS’ recently released album, Revolution Cocktail, right here in the Booth.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.