Musicians and artists have been trying to tackle the issue of Apocalypse for decades. Whether it’s from a religious standpoint, or the view of a nuclear ending – or even further down the line of reality, alien invasion – lyricists have prophesized the sights and sounds of the end. They also applied those themes to everyday life, as if life itself is the very end of existence. cas One and producer Figure submit their nomination to the Apocylype rap hall of fame on Doomsday (Ode to the Butchers Thieves), a track from their upcoming album The Monster and The Wishing Well. “I’ve got a gun to my head, right now while I’m talking,” the emcee begins his tale of industrial life over a hardcore electronic beat that compliments the storyline well. As with many Midwest artists, the Indiana native isn’t afraid to rap about the darker side of reality in the semi-biblical sense. There is good, evil, and maybe something in-between. Though he describes himself as apathetic, a term often applied to his generation, the music coming from cas One is nothing other than passionate and engrossing to those that enjoy unraveling thematic tracks.
Written by JC Poppe on 07/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Flashbacks ft. Brother Ali" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.