Musicians and artists have been trying to tackle the issue of Apocalypse for decades. Whether it’s from a religious standpoint, or the view of a nuclear ending – or even further down the line of reality, alien invasion – lyricists have prophesized the sights and sounds of the end. They also applied those themes to everyday life, as if life itself is the very end of existence. cas One and producer Figure submit their nomination to the Apocylype rap hall of fame on Doomsday (Ode to the Butchers Thieves), a track from their upcoming album The Monster and The Wishing Well. “I’ve got a gun to my head, right now while I’m talking,” the emcee begins his tale of industrial life over a hardcore electronic beat that compliments the storyline well. As with many Midwest artists, the Indiana native isn’t afraid to rap about the darker side of reality in the semi-biblical sense. There is good, evil, and maybe something in-between. Though he describes himself as apathetic, a term often applied to his generation, the music coming from cas One is nothing other than passionate and engrossing to those that enjoy unraveling thematic tracks.
Written by JC Poppe on 07/7/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Flashbacks ft. Brother Ali" (2009)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.