Musicians and artists have been trying to tackle the issue of Apocalypse for decades. Whether it’s from a religious standpoint, or the view of a nuclear ending – or even further down the line of reality, alien invasion – lyricists have prophesized the sights and sounds of the end. They also applied those themes to everyday life, as if life itself is the very end of existence. cas One and producer Figure submit their nomination to the Apocylype rap hall of fame on Doomsday (Ode to the Butchers Thieves), a track from their upcoming album The Monster and The Wishing Well. “I’ve got a gun to my head, right now while I’m talking,” the emcee begins his tale of industrial life over a hardcore electronic beat that compliments the storyline well. As with many Midwest artists, the Indiana native isn’t afraid to rap about the darker side of reality in the semi-biblical sense. There is good, evil, and maybe something in-between. Though he describes himself as apathetic, a term often applied to his generation, the music coming from cas One is nothing other than passionate and engrossing to those that enjoy unraveling thematic tracks.
Written by JC Poppe on 07/7/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Flashbacks ft. Brother Ali" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.