It’s been a hot minute since cas One and FIGURE made their last Booth appearance—Doomsday hit our front page in September of 2011—but their hustle has continued unabated in their interim. Their latest feature, a freshly-minted single off their forthcoming collaborative set, finds them Chasing After Greatness just as fervently as they were back in the first term of the Obama presidency. You can practically feel the forward momentum in FIGURE‘s beat, featuring a bluesy, driving rhythm section accented with muted horns. Cas conveys an equally strong feeling of motion on the mic, blazing his partner’s instrumental in a breathless, but confident flow, and the onomatopoetically-named Wick It exhibits his skills behind the wheels of steel on the record’s chorus. The Monster and the Wishing Well is scheduled for release September 13. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Flashbacks ft. Brother Ali" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.