It’s been a hot minute since cas One and FIGURE made their last Booth appearance—Doomsday hit our front page in September of 2011—but their hustle has continued unabated in their interim. Their latest feature, a freshly-minted single off their forthcoming collaborative set, finds them Chasing After Greatness just as fervently as they were back in the first term of the Obama presidency. You can practically feel the forward momentum in FIGURE‘s beat, featuring a bluesy, driving rhythm section accented with muted horns. Cas conveys an equally strong feeling of motion on the mic, blazing his partner’s instrumental in a breathless, but confident flow, and the onomatopoetically-named Wick It exhibits his skills behind the wheels of steel on the record’s chorus. The Monster and the Wishing Well is scheduled for release September 13. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Flashbacks ft. Brother Ali" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.