It’s been a hot minute since cas One and FIGURE made their last Booth appearance—Doomsday hit our front page in September of 2011—but their hustle has continued unabated in their interim. Their latest feature, a freshly-minted single off their forthcoming collaborative set, finds them Chasing After Greatness just as fervently as they were back in the first term of the Obama presidency. You can practically feel the forward momentum in FIGURE‘s beat, featuring a bluesy, driving rhythm section accented with muted horns. Cas conveys an equally strong feeling of motion on the mic, blazing his partner’s instrumental in a breathless, but confident flow, and the onomatopoetically-named Wick It exhibits his skills behind the wheels of steel on the record’s chorus. The Monster and the Wishing Well is scheduled for release September 13. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Flashbacks ft. Brother Ali" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.