Even after a relationship’s come to an end, the parties involved frequently disagree about just how finished they are. Take Booth newcomer Carteaire Custom, for example; on mixtape single Used, the Little Rock, Arkansas rhymesayer describes how a past love continued to haunt him for years after the fact, flowing over a pensive beat by C.D. Rice (sampled from indie-rock group Gotye’s hit single, Somebody That I Used to Know). For more, fans can check out Custom’s newly-released Sleep Ain’t Safe No More LP, downloadable via the artist’s Bandcamp page.
Written by richard on 01/9/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.