Booth readers may not know they’ve been waiting for first-time featuree Carlos St. John to arrive in the Booth, but that doesn’t stop the Brooklyn native and his Oakland cohort, Azeem, from announcing, “Here We Are!” The Argonauts man the boards, cooking up a piano-synth beat of mythological proportions as St. Johns spits about how he lifted himself from the bottom to achieve his current position of prominence. Topped off with Azeem’s smooth hook vocals, this joint will be featured on a forthcoming, yet-untitled project from Carlos St. John—keep it locked for further details!
Written by richard on 06/24/11
Submit your Rating
The St John Portfolio
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hurricanes + Tornadoes" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.