Booth readers may not know they’ve been waiting for first-time featuree Carlos St. John to arrive in the Booth, but that doesn’t stop the Brooklyn native and his Oakland cohort, Azeem, from announcing, “Here We Are!” The Argonauts man the boards, cooking up a piano-synth beat of mythological proportions as St. Johns spits about how he lifted himself from the bottom to achieve his current position of prominence. Topped off with Azeem’s smooth hook vocals, this joint will be featured on a forthcoming, yet-untitled project from Carlos St. John—keep it locked for further details!
Written by richard on 06/24/11
Submit your Rating
The St John Portfolio
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hurricanes + Tornadoes" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.