From Fallin to Freebasin and scores more, Carlitta Durand‘s been a frequent presence on The DJBooth, but always as a guest feature, not a solo artist…until today. For her first solo feature Durand gives listeners 100 Nudges of Love - no, I don’t really know what that means either, but it sounds really nice - grabbing some lightly knocking and always smooth production from AbJo to lay down the foundation. As always the Carolina songstress follows with powerful vocals and moving lyrics, crafting the perfect way to kick off the journey to her upcoming album, I’ll Be Gorgeous When I Die, due to be released on August 12.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go All Out ft. Carlitta Durand" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.