From Fallin to Freebasin and scores more, Carlitta Durand‘s been a frequent presence on The DJBooth, but always as a guest feature, not a solo artist…until today. For her first solo feature Durand gives listeners 100 Nudges of Love - no, I don’t really know what that means either, but it sounds really nice - grabbing some lightly knocking and always smooth production from AbJo to lay down the foundation. As always the Carolina songstress follows with powerful vocals and moving lyrics, crafting the perfect way to kick off the journey to her upcoming album, I’ll Be Gorgeous When I Die, due to be released on August 12.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go All Out ft. Carlitta Durand" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.