If you managed to make it through your teenage years without feeling a little weird and different, then you must be some kind of freak of nature. (Hey, just giving you a taste of what you missed out on.) Coping with the physical and mental changes of adolescence while carving out an identity in the face of pressure from parents, teachers and friends is enough to make anyone feel like “”...a feather in the wind,” to borrow the poetic analogy Seattle rhymesayer Carl Roe uses on his latest feature. On promo single The Feather, DJ Semaj‘s contemplative piano loops back autobiographical rhymes detailing the Seattle rhymesayer’s struggles with physical appearance, family dynamics and the feeling of being lost at sea. This reflective jam isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but readers can cop the record for fere via Audiomack using the “download” link above. Watch for Roe to release The Mini-Tape, a currently-unscheduled collaboration with emcee ProduKtive, in the near future.
Written by richard on 09/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nobody's Nobody" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.