If you managed to make it through your teenage years without feeling a little weird and different, then you must be some kind of freak of nature. (Hey, just giving you a taste of what you missed out on.) Coping with the physical and mental changes of adolescence while carving out an identity in the face of pressure from parents, teachers and friends is enough to make anyone feel like “”...a feather in the wind,” to borrow the poetic analogy Seattle rhymesayer Carl Roe uses on his latest feature. On promo single The Feather, DJ Semaj‘s contemplative piano loops back autobiographical rhymes detailing the Seattle rhymesayer’s struggles with physical appearance, family dynamics and the feeling of being lost at sea. This reflective jam isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but readers can cop the record for fere via Audiomack using the “download” link above. Watch for Roe to release The Mini-Tape, a currently-unscheduled collaboration with emcee ProduKtive, in the near future.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nobody's Nobody" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!