You won’t need to hear a phone number (area code first) a thousand times to remember who Carl Roe is. Hailing from the Midwest, Roe makes his first appearance on DJBooth with the trigger quick, Nobody’s Nobody. Stepping onto the scene with a unqiue perspective as a former U.S. soldier who toured Iraq, Roe’s style immediately hits the eardrums on this promotional release. Flowing like a torpedo, Roe drops unexpected clauses throughout the track, making you raise an eyebrow as he draws attention to his word play. Spitting savage lines over a pop-centered kickdrum provided by highly-demanded producer Shane Eli, Nobody catches Carl in a raw state on every line. Although this song won’t be on his upcoming release, The Broken Time Machine EP, it certainly garnishes enough attention to look forward to more from this stand-up emcee. No date yet for the tape, but stay with the Booth and we’ll be sure to keep you posted!
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 08/30/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)