If you were looking for a smooth slow jam to seduce your lady to, you’re going to want to look elsewhere. On the world premiere of Carl Roe’s No No, the winning entry in our Illmind and BeatStars contest, the Northwest emcee is lyrically teetering on the edge of his sanity. As always, !llmind puts together an electronically-based but still organic instrumental that serves as the catalyst to some of Roe’s “he said what?” rhymes: “Only stupid people name their daughters after cars / hop in the hoopty Porsche, it’s dangerous after dark.” With a lead single like this there’s no telling how far Roe will go on his upcoming Ones & Zeroes album, but I know I’m not the only one anxious to find out.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/16/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nobody's Nobody" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.