The Juno Awards—Canada’s version of the Grammys—have distributed past honors to the likes of Shawn Desman and Nelly Furtado. Another Canuck to have scored multiple Juno nods is on-the-rise singer Carl Henry, who does his country proud with his latest single, Trippin’. Beatmaker Coggs, from Carl Henry’s own CeSoul Music label, provides the throbbing, synth-heavy club beat, which intermingles with Henry’s airy tales of a girl who’s got him on the run. Ever since she came into his life he has been chasing this special lady, but now she’s driving him insane to the point that she’s simply got him Trippin’. Expect Trippin’ to appear on Carl’s upcoming 2009 release, All That I Know, and to keep the ladies on the dance floor till the break of dawn.
Written by Carly on 09/10/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.