On his latest single, Canadian R&B star Carl Henry reveals a trait he shares with many of his American counterparts: when he’s hitting it off with a female at the club, he often feels compelled to take things to the next level right away. In a similarly themed record featured yesterday, Razah simply requested that the DJ Let the Music Play as he shared a moment with his lady; Henry, on the other hand, would like for someone to Dim the Lights so he and his love interest can enjoy a little more privacy. Fans of upbeat club jams will find a lot to like here, from the time-tested subject matter to Henry’s Autotuned vocals on the breathless verses, and CeSoul Music‘s Coggs keeps things hot and heavy with danceable, midtempo blend of frothy synths and bass-heavy percussion. Henry’s forthcoming third album, All that I Know, has yet to receive a solid release date—here’s hoping this sultry cut helps move things along.
Written by richard on 03/30/09
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.