On his latest single, Canadian R&B star Carl Henry reveals a trait he shares with many of his American counterparts: when he’s hitting it off with a female at the club, he often feels compelled to take things to the next level right away. In a similarly themed record featured yesterday, Razah simply requested that the DJ Let the Music Play as he shared a moment with his lady; Henry, on the other hand, would like for someone to Dim the Lights so he and his love interest can enjoy a little more privacy. Fans of upbeat club jams will find a lot to like here, from the time-tested subject matter to Henry’s Autotuned vocals on the breathless verses, and CeSoul Music‘s Coggs keeps things hot and heavy with danceable, midtempo blend of frothy synths and bass-heavy percussion. Henry’s forthcoming third album, All that I Know, has yet to receive a solid release date—here’s hoping this sultry cut helps move things along.
Written by richard on 03/30/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)