On his latest single, Canadian R&B star Carl Henry reveals a trait he shares with many of his American counterparts: when he’s hitting it off with a female at the club, he often feels compelled to take things to the next level right away. In a similarly themed record featured yesterday, Razah simply requested that the DJ Let the Music Play as he shared a moment with his lady; Henry, on the other hand, would like for someone to Dim the Lights so he and his love interest can enjoy a little more privacy. Fans of upbeat club jams will find a lot to like here, from the time-tested subject matter to Henry’s Autotuned vocals on the breathless verses, and CeSoul Music‘s Coggs keeps things hot and heavy with danceable, midtempo blend of frothy synths and bass-heavy percussion. Henry’s forthcoming third album, All that I Know, has yet to receive a solid release date—here’s hoping this sultry cut helps move things along.
Written by richard on 03/30/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.