Canada’s hottest R&B singer, Carl Henry, knows he has to make some big moves now. After three independent albums with such local hits as RNB and I Wish, he’s posed to become a major international player. His new single is a blueprint for that ‘last dance of the evening’ slow jam, and Carl hopes to get the finest lady 2 Tha Floor before somebody else does. While Darrell Marshall and Will Guise provide an equally dramatic waltz beat, the true genius behind 2 Tha Floor‘s possible success remains uncredited (he’s the one shouting the title all over the bridge). Nonetheless, I’m sure the next time he hears the song in the club, all he has to do is tell that special lady he’s responsible for all those adlibs and she’ll be his!
Written by Burmy on 03/20/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.