A former member of the Mase, Cam’ron, and Big L group, Harlem World, rapper Cardan took a break from the music scene following the tragic death of his mother. Since his comeback, however, the emcee has ghostwritten two songs for Diddy‘s Press Play (Makin’ It Hard and Diddy Rock) and is preparing for a born-again career on the mic. Since Cardan knows that he needs to make a big splash, he has his remixed his big-spenders’ mixtape anthem, Billion Dolla Shift, with fellow New Yorker-in-the-wings Red Cafe and superproducer Swizz Beatz. Cardan says he won’t stop until his kids have “a crib in the hills”, but does he have what it takes to purchase that type of real estate? Check in later this year, as Billion Dolla Shift continues to hit the East Coast club market.
Written by Burmy on 09/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stilettos (Remix) ft. Cardan & Bathgate" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.