Here in the Booth, we’ve featured several tracks off Captain Midnite latest solo project (see Apollo, Ashes Rising), but none have been solo in the strictest sense of the word. Today, on project standout Sugar, we finally get a chance to hear the Seattle producer/vocalist carry a tune on his lonesome—and carry it he does. Over his own production, a stylishly gloomy blend of ringing guitar chords and Spaghetti-Western brass, Midnite offers a full demonstration of his unique vocal style. While his near-whispered delivery renders some of his lyrics difficult to make out, that simply adds to the record’s brooding, sultry appeal. Director Dinoden turns the atmosphere up to 11 in the record’s official visuals. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on Captain Midnite’s All This Will Fade EP, released in October and available now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 12/11/12
Best known in the Booth for his work with Kyle Lucas on collaborative mixtape The Sky Is Falling and I Feel Fine, beatsmith/singer Captain Midnite returns to our pages with his latest collection of solo material. The All This...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Want It" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.