Here in the Booth, we’ve featured several tracks off Captain Midnite latest solo project (see Apollo, Ashes Rising), but none have been solo in the strictest sense of the word. Today, on project standout Sugar, we finally get a chance to hear the Seattle producer/vocalist carry a tune on his lonesome—and carry it he does. Over his own production, a stylishly gloomy blend of ringing guitar chords and Spaghetti-Western brass, Midnite offers a full demonstration of his unique vocal style. While his near-whispered delivery renders some of his lyrics difficult to make out, that simply adds to the record’s brooding, sultry appeal. Director Dinoden turns the atmosphere up to 11 in the record’s official visuals. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on Captain Midnite’s All This Will Fade EP, released in October and available now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 12/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Want It" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)