Here in the Booth, we’ve featured several tracks off Captain Midnite latest solo project (see Apollo, Ashes Rising), but none have been solo in the strictest sense of the word. Today, on project standout Sugar, we finally get a chance to hear the Seattle producer/vocalist carry a tune on his lonesome—and carry it he does. Over his own production, a stylishly gloomy blend of ringing guitar chords and Spaghetti-Western brass, Midnite offers a full demonstration of his unique vocal style. While his near-whispered delivery renders some of his lyrics difficult to make out, that simply adds to the record’s brooding, sultry appeal. Director Dinoden turns the atmosphere up to 11 in the record’s official visuals. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on Captain Midnite’s All This Will Fade EP, released in October and available now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 12/11/12
Best known in the Booth for his work with Kyle Lucas on collaborative mixtape The Sky Is Falling and I Feel Fine, beatsmith/singer Captain Midnite returns to our pages with his latest collection of solo material. The All This...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Want It" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)