Said to burn itself alive every 500 to 1,000 years before beginning life anew, the phoenix represents the possibility of rebirth in the face of tragedy. In real life, however, mythical birds are hard to come by, and there’s no way of knowing when, or whether, hard times will lead to a new beginning. On Ashes Rising, the latest song release off Captain Midnite‘s next solo EP, the Seattle beatsmith and his mic-rocking colleagues give us a cathartic glimpse into one of those moments when the light at the end of the tunnel is dim and flickering. Kyle Lucas reprises his role from previous feature Apollo, rhyming about his acute social and career anxieties over the Seattle-repping producer’s cinematic, string-drenched production, and B.K. Booth regular OnCue closes the record with an update on his recent relationship woes. For this emotionally raw selection and much more, check out Midnite’s All This Will Fade EP when it hits the ‘net next Wednesday, October 10.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Want It" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!