Said to burn itself alive every 500 to 1,000 years before beginning life anew, the phoenix represents the possibility of rebirth in the face of tragedy. In real life, however, mythical birds are hard to come by, and there’s no way of knowing when, or whether, hard times will lead to a new beginning. On Ashes Rising, the latest song release off Captain Midnite‘s next solo EP, the Seattle beatsmith and his mic-rocking colleagues give us a cathartic glimpse into one of those moments when the light at the end of the tunnel is dim and flickering. Kyle Lucas reprises his role from previous feature Apollo, rhyming about his acute social and career anxieties over the Seattle-repping producer’s cinematic, string-drenched production, and B.K. Booth regular OnCue closes the record with an update on his recent relationship woes. For this emotionally raw selection and much more, check out Midnite’s All This Will Fade EP when it hits the ‘net next Wednesday, October 10.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Want It" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.