Said to burn itself alive every 500 to 1,000 years before beginning life anew, the phoenix represents the possibility of rebirth in the face of tragedy. In real life, however, mythical birds are hard to come by, and there’s no way of knowing when, or whether, hard times will lead to a new beginning. On Ashes Rising, the latest song release off Captain Midnite‘s next solo EP, the Seattle beatsmith and his mic-rocking colleagues give us a cathartic glimpse into one of those moments when the light at the end of the tunnel is dim and flickering. Kyle Lucas reprises his role from previous feature Apollo, rhyming about his acute social and career anxieties over the Seattle-repping producer’s cinematic, string-drenched production, and B.K. Booth regular OnCue closes the record with an update on his recent relationship woes. For this emotionally raw selection and much more, check out Midnite’s All This Will Fade EP when it hits the ‘net next Wednesday, October 10.
Written by richard on 10/1/12
Best known in the Booth for his work with Kyle Lucas on collaborative mixtape The Sky Is Falling and I Feel Fine, beatsmith/singer Captain Midnite returns to our pages with his latest collection of solo material. The All This...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Want It" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.