Released in 1998 as the lead single off debut LP The Pillage, Cappadonna‘s Slang Editorial remains one of the most acclaimed joints in his solo repertoire. So, when it came time to liberate the first record off the sequel to his classic debut LP, was there any question how the Wu-Tang affiliate would play it? On Slang Editorial 2, DJ Intrigue resurrects the original’s gritty, soulful vibe with the help of some vintage brass samples as Cappachino channels his younger, hungrier, late-‘90s self. Though the lyrics reflect the shifts in the artist’s life circumstances over the past decade and change, his street slanguistics remain as razor-sharp as ever. Has this blast from the past left you craving more boom-bap bangers? Then watch our pages for more fresh song releases leading up to The Pillage‘s arrival on store shelves this September.
Written by richard on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.