Released in 1998 as the lead single off debut LP The Pillage, Cappadonna‘s Slang Editorial remains one of the most acclaimed joints in his solo repertoire. So, when it came time to liberate the first record off the sequel to his classic debut LP, was there any question how the Wu-Tang affiliate would play it? On Slang Editorial 2, DJ Intrigue resurrects the original’s gritty, soulful vibe with the help of some vintage brass samples as Cappachino channels his younger, hungrier, late-‘90s self. Though the lyrics reflect the shifts in the artist’s life circumstances over the past decade and change, his street slanguistics remain as razor-sharp as ever. Has this blast from the past left you craving more boom-bap bangers? Then watch our pages for more fresh song releases leading up to The Pillage‘s arrival on store shelves this September.
Written by richard on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)