Released in 1998 as the lead single off debut LP The Pillage, Cappadonna‘s Slang Editorial remains one of the most acclaimed joints in his solo repertoire. So, when it came time to liberate the first record off the sequel to his classic debut LP, was there any question how the Wu-Tang affiliate would play it? On Slang Editorial 2, DJ Intrigue resurrects the original’s gritty, soulful vibe with the help of some vintage brass samples as Cappachino channels his younger, hungrier, late-‘90s self. Though the lyrics reflect the shifts in the artist’s life circumstances over the past decade and change, his street slanguistics remain as razor-sharp as ever. Has this blast from the past left you craving more boom-bap bangers? Then watch our pages for more fresh song releases leading up to The Pillage‘s arrival on store shelves this September.
Written by richard on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.