Released in 1998 as the lead single off debut LP The Pillage, Cappadonna‘s Slang Editorial remains one of the most acclaimed joints in his solo repertoire. So, when it came time to liberate the first record off the sequel to his classic debut LP, was there any question how the Wu-Tang affiliate would play it? On Slang Editorial 2, DJ Intrigue resurrects the original’s gritty, soulful vibe with the help of some vintage brass samples as Cappachino channels his younger, hungrier, late-‘90s self. Though the lyrics reflect the shifts in the artist’s life circumstances over the past decade and change, his street slanguistics remain as razor-sharp as ever. Has this blast from the past left you craving more boom-bap bangers? Then watch our pages for more fresh song releases leading up to The Pillage‘s arrival on store shelves this September.
Written by richard on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.