Capone-n-Noreaga (CNN for short) have been on the brink of blowing up for what seems like their entire career. However, despite the hype they’ve generated throughout the years, they’ve never been able to take that next step into the elite ranks of hip-hop duos like Mobb Deep and the Clipse. Thus, they have finally adopted the classic mantra of ‘when all else fails, role up your sleeves, put your hardest thug face on, and try to sound as badass as is humanly possible.’ Their new single, Follow the Dollar is as grimy as it gets. The Queensbridge emcees trade street reports back and forth over a subterranean, laser-infused Alchemist beat that makes the Neptunes’ grittiest work sound like Beethoven. Seriously, it’s terrifying. The track will appear on their upcoming reunion album, Channel 10 (out October 21).
Written by Charlie E. on 08/18/08
Submit your Rating
Thugged Out Ent./Fontana/Universal
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Our Grind" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.