With the number of fresh faces I’ve heard lamenting the dark side of celebrity, it seems like some rappers are born disillusioned with life in the spotlight – not The Canz; as brothers Prominent and Foster explain on their latest mixtape freestyle, they’ve been working towards musical superstardom since they were teenagers, and they’re not gonna stop till they’re World Famous. Over the Kanye West and Jeff Bhasker-produced beat that backed 808s cut Amazin, the exclusive freestyle alumni fill us all in on just how hard they’ve been grinding. JD Era, the Toronto native who brought us You Know This and Champagne Nights jumps on board to deliver an equally braggadocio-packed guest verse, and singer Danay Mariney ties it all together with some uniquely childlike yet soulful hook vocals. So have the Canz got what it takes to become “...as famous as Jenna Jameson’s anus?” (Yes, that line is actually in the song.) If you think so, you can hear more on the Mick Boogie/Terry Urban-mixed, DJBooth-sponsored Life After Graduation mixtape, out August 4.
Written by richard on 07/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly Away" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.