Taking a different approach from their previous feature World Famous, the Canz are back with the next leak off their Life After Graduation project. Using a Clinton Sparks-produced beat from Biggie’s Duets album (Hold Ya Head), Meet Joe Black is one of the Canz’ more somber songs as the duo creates a dark soundtrack that details a conversation with death. Using chopped and screwed vocals to represent the sound of death, the Canz go back and forth with the voice of the reaper, dropping thought provoking lines like: “But he’s only 21, a young and good nigga/in his raps, this nigga claims to be a hood nigga/ man raps is just raps/ that’s ironic because gats is just gats.” If you think this cut is heavy, you should barely be able to lift the Canz’ new Kanye and Biggie-inspired mixtape, Life After Graduation, presented by Mick Boogie, Terry Urban and DJBooth, when it’s released Wednesday, August 4.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 08/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly Away" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.