Taking a different approach from their previous feature World Famous, the Canz are back with the next leak off their Life After Graduation project. Using a Clinton Sparks-produced beat from Biggie’s Duets album (Hold Ya Head), Meet Joe Black is one of the Canz’ more somber songs as the duo creates a dark soundtrack that details a conversation with death. Using chopped and screwed vocals to represent the sound of death, the Canz go back and forth with the voice of the reaper, dropping thought provoking lines like: “But he’s only 21, a young and good nigga/in his raps, this nigga claims to be a hood nigga/ man raps is just raps/ that’s ironic because gats is just gats.” If you think this cut is heavy, you should barely be able to lift the Canz’ new Kanye and Biggie-inspired mixtape, Life After Graduation, presented by Mick Boogie, Terry Urban and DJBooth, when it’s released Wednesday, August 4.
Listen to More: The Canz
Written by Quentin Cuff on 08/2/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly Away" (2009)
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.