Taking a different approach from their previous feature World Famous, the Canz are back with the next leak off their Life After Graduation project. Using a Clinton Sparks-produced beat from Biggie’s Duets album (Hold Ya Head), Meet Joe Black is one of the Canz’ more somber songs as the duo creates a dark soundtrack that details a conversation with death. Using chopped and screwed vocals to represent the sound of death, the Canz go back and forth with the voice of the reaper, dropping thought provoking lines like: “But he’s only 21, a young and good nigga/in his raps, this nigga claims to be a hood nigga/ man raps is just raps/ that’s ironic because gats is just gats.” If you think this cut is heavy, you should barely be able to lift the Canz’ new Kanye and Biggie-inspired mixtape, Life After Graduation, presented by Mick Boogie, Terry Urban and DJBooth, when it’s released Wednesday, August 4.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 08/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly Away" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.