“When Cameron was in Egypt’s land, let me Cameron go.” You’ll have to excuse me, I just see a title like Ferris Bueller (Personal Day Off) and instinctively start quoting the most rewatchable movie of my childhood (‘80s babies stand up!). Luckily Slow Risers The Canz’ new record does a lot more than just allow me to quote one of my favorite movies, it’s also provided me with something new to bump in my iPod. Playing hooky but putting in some work on Bueller behind the boards is producer Marcoticks, who crafts exactly the kind of relaxed beat Canz emcees Prominent and Foster need to tell their boss to lyrically shove it, sentiments more than capably echoed by guest rappers Aleon Craft and El Prez. Looking for more inspiration to quit your crappy job? You’re in luck. The Canz’ sequel mixtape The Slow Rise II is dropping on this very site soon-ish, and you can of course see them live, alongside Crooked I, Evidence, !Mayday! and many more, at DJBooth’s A3C showcase on October 8. Feel free to ditch work and show up.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly Away" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.