“When Cameron was in Egypt’s land, let me Cameron go.” You’ll have to excuse me, I just see a title like Ferris Bueller (Personal Day Off) and instinctively start quoting the most rewatchable movie of my childhood (‘80s babies stand up!). Luckily Slow Risers The Canz’ new record does a lot more than just allow me to quote one of my favorite movies, it’s also provided me with something new to bump in my iPod. Playing hooky but putting in some work on Bueller behind the boards is producer Marcoticks, who crafts exactly the kind of relaxed beat Canz emcees Prominent and Foster need to tell their boss to lyrically shove it, sentiments more than capably echoed by guest rappers Aleon Craft and El Prez. Looking for more inspiration to quit your crappy job? You’re in luck. The Canz’ sequel mixtape The Slow Rise II is dropping on this very site soon-ish, and you can of course see them live, alongside Crooked I, Evidence, !Mayday! and many more, at DJBooth’s A3C showcase on October 8. Feel free to ditch work and show up.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/29/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly Away" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.