Most rappers are anxious to portray themselves as tireless hustlers, willing to forego sleep in order to secure their rightful place at the top of the game. Booth newcomer Cane on the other hand, freely admits to spending a good portion of his day kicking back in his Lazy Boy recliner. Far from seeing his indolence as a vice, though, he holds it as a point of pride; over Lou Burna‘s leisurely woodwind loops, the Fredericksburg, Virginia representative laughs at peers who toil round the clock to achieve what he can accomplish between his morning and mid-afternoon naps. This ode to idleness is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Cane’s Lucid Dreams LP, available now for free download via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.