Most rappers are anxious to portray themselves as tireless hustlers, willing to forego sleep in order to secure their rightful place at the top of the game. Booth newcomer Cane on the other hand, freely admits to spending a good portion of his day kicking back in his Lazy Boy recliner. Far from seeing his indolence as a vice, though, he holds it as a point of pride; over Lou Burna‘s leisurely woodwind loops, the Fredericksburg, Virginia representative laughs at peers who toil round the clock to achieve what he can accomplish between his morning and mid-afternoon naps. This ode to idleness is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Cane’s Lucid Dreams LP, available now for free download via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.