Most rappers are anxious to portray themselves as tireless hustlers, willing to forego sleep in order to secure their rightful place at the top of the game. Booth newcomer Cane on the other hand, freely admits to spending a good portion of his day kicking back in his Lazy Boy recliner. Far from seeing his indolence as a vice, though, he holds it as a point of pride; over Lou Burna‘s leisurely woodwind loops, the Fredericksburg, Virginia representative laughs at peers who toil round the clock to achieve what he can accomplish between his morning and mid-afternoon naps. This ode to idleness is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Cane’s Lucid Dreams LP, available now for free download via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 07/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.