Statik Selektah is one of the rap game’s most authentic producers; he also recently took part in our Behind The Board series. So, when I see his name attached to a project, I can definitely Get Down with it. Though he is definitely a great addition, this featured record is really all about Cane. The VA native makes his third appearance in the Booth wielding a crisp, commanding flow with a touch of confidence to make his performance all the more impressive. His unwavering approach is perfect for the simple, yet powerful Statik beat that is driven by relentless drums. This punching effort is not part of anything larger, but for more from Cane check out his last Booth feature, Problem.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/25/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.