Statik Selektah is one of the rap game’s most authentic producers; he also recently took part in our Behind The Board series. So, when I see his name attached to a project, I can definitely Get Down with it. Though he is definitely a great addition, this featured record is really all about Cane. The VA native makes his third appearance in the Booth wielding a crisp, commanding flow with a touch of confidence to make his performance all the more impressive. His unwavering approach is perfect for the simple, yet powerful Statik beat that is driven by relentless drums. This punching effort is not part of anything larger, but for more from Cane check out his last Booth feature, Problem.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/25/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.