Last Thursday, Candice Glover became the 12th American Idol winner. As part of her coronation, the singer premiered her debut single, I Am Beautiful, live in front of the televised audience and viewers nationwide. The performance was followed by the unveiling of the studio version of the cut, which doubles as listeners’ first taste of the singer’s debut studio album. This incarnation features a number of minor changes, most noticeably a keyboard-heavier instrumental backdrop courtesy of producer First Born and a subtle sheen of Auto-Tune on Glover’s vocals, but packs a similarly strong emotional punch. If this soaring ballad struck a chord with you keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the July 16, release of freshman full-length Music Speaks via 19 Recordings and Interscope.
Written by richard on 05/21/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.