Last Thursday, Candice Glover became the 12th American Idol winner. As part of her coronation, the singer premiered her debut single, I Am Beautiful, live in front of the televised audience and viewers nationwide. The performance was followed by the unveiling of the studio version of the cut, which doubles as listeners’ first taste of the singer’s debut studio album. This incarnation features a number of minor changes, most noticeably a keyboard-heavier instrumental backdrop courtesy of producer First Born and a subtle sheen of Auto-Tune on Glover’s vocals, but packs a similarly strong emotional punch. If this soaring ballad struck a chord with you keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the July 16, release of freshman full-length Music Speaks via 19 Recordings and Interscope.
Written by richard on 05/21/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.