When you hear the word “Love” in an R&B/pop song, it’s typically referring to eros, or romantic, intimate love. What singer/songwriter Candice Anitra and rapper Mustafa Shakir have in mind on their Booth debut, however, is closer to agape, the all-encompassing love of humanity. Over Joel Hamilton‘s syncopated guitar licks and subtly driving rhythm section, the bi-coastal twosome deliver sung and flowed verses that could as easily be addressed to God or the universe as to an individual man or woman. Like what you’re hearing? You can find this project standout and many more catchy, left-of-center cuts on the duo’s Love Machine EP, released October 29, via HeartSleeve Records/Orchard.
Written by richard on 11/11/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.