When you hear the word “Love” in an R&B/pop song, it’s typically referring to eros, or romantic, intimate love. What singer/songwriter Candice Anitra and rapper Mustafa Shakir have in mind on their Booth debut, however, is closer to agape, the all-encompassing love of humanity. Over Joel Hamilton‘s syncopated guitar licks and subtly driving rhythm section, the bi-coastal twosome deliver sung and flowed verses that could as easily be addressed to God or the universe as to an individual man or woman. Like what you’re hearing? You can find this project standout and many more catchy, left-of-center cuts on the duo’s Love Machine EP, released October 29, via HeartSleeve Records/Orchard.
Written by richard on 11/11/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.