When you hear the word “Love” in an R&B/pop song, it’s typically referring to eros, or romantic, intimate love. What singer/songwriter Candice Anitra and rapper Mustafa Shakir have in mind on their Booth debut, however, is closer to agape, the all-encompassing love of humanity. Over Joel Hamilton‘s syncopated guitar licks and subtly driving rhythm section, the bi-coastal twosome deliver sung and flowed verses that could as easily be addressed to God or the universe as to an individual man or woman. Like what you’re hearing? You can find this project standout and many more catchy, left-of-center cuts on the duo’s Love Machine EP, released October 29, via HeartSleeve Records/Orchard.
Written by richard on 11/11/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.