When you hear the word “Love” in an R&B/pop song, it’s typically referring to eros, or romantic, intimate love. What singer/songwriter Candice Anitra and rapper Mustafa Shakir have in mind on their Booth debut, however, is closer to agape, the all-encompassing love of humanity. Over Joel Hamilton‘s syncopated guitar licks and subtly driving rhythm section, the bi-coastal twosome deliver sung and flowed verses that could as easily be addressed to God or the universe as to an individual man or woman. Like what you’re hearing? You can find this project standout and many more catchy, left-of-center cuts on the duo’s Love Machine EP, released October 29, via HeartSleeve Records/Orchard.
Written by richard on 11/11/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.